3.01 - Planning
The business shall identify the processes required to provide product or service delivery consistent with the customer, legislative and regulatory requirements. In planning product and/or service delivery, the organisation shall determine
- The requirements of the project, product or service.
- The processes, documents and resources specific to the project, product or service.
- The success criteria and the appropriate records to allow validation, monitoring, inspection and testing specific to the project, product or service specification/requirements.
What we are looking for is how well the company considers the requirements of each enquiry/job.
- Does the business have the skills, man power and money?
- Do they ask for deposits?
- Do they try and use existing material stock where appropriate to do so?
- Evidence of the planning should also be evident on site, is the job well resourced and running to schedule or are the team held up waiting on materials or sub-contractors?
Possible Sources of Evidence
For small and simple projects this may be as simple as allocating time in a diary or work schedule and as operations become more complex it may require Gantt charts, procurement records, inspection reports, valuations and payment schedules, samples and detailed validation procedures.