► How common are mental health issues in the UK?
► How many people in the UK get treatment for mental health issues?
► Employees: Looking after your mental health at work
► Employers: Advice and resources for line managers
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England
- 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (like anxiety and depression) in any given week in England
- Between 2011 and 2015, 13% of in-work suicides* were from within the skilled construction and building trades - despite construction accounting for 7% of the UK workforce
- Suicide kills more construction workers than falls each year
* Suicidal thoughts are not mental health diagnoses, but they are related to mental health
- Approximately 1 in 8 adults with a mental health problem are currently getting treatment
People managers guide to mental health by Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and MIND (link to document)
How to support staff who are experiencing a mental health problem by MIND (link to document)
How to take stock of mental health in your workplace by MIND (link to document)
Line Managers' Resource by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) (link to document)
Provider of free and confidential advice, support and financial assistance to people of all ages working in, or retired from horticulture.
Offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever's getting to you
Telephone: 116 123
SANEline is a national out-of-hours mental health helpline offering specialist emotional support, guidance and information to anyone affected by mental illness, including family, friends and carers.
Telephone: 0300 304 7000
PAPYRUS is the UK Charity for the prevention of young suicide (under 35)
Telephone: 0800 068 4141
UK's first free, confidential, 24/7 text support service. It's a place to go if you're struggling to cope and need mental health support.
Text number: 85258
National charity helping people with Anxiety
Telephone: 08444 775 774
Text number: 07537416905
National Self-Help Organisation helping people cope with their depression
An organisation who works to address and overcome issues related to self-harm and suicide
Promotes evidence-based information on drugs, alcohol and tobacco
Telephone: 0300 123 1110
Gamblers Anonymous UK
- Men’s Mental Health
Men’s Health Forum
National Debt Line
Telephone: 0808 808 4000
Money Advice Service
Telephone: 0800 138 7777