Local restrictions guidance for landscaping professionals
Earlier this week, local restrictions were introduced by the government in a bid to combat the spread of COVID-19 in specific areas of the country.
Local restrictions concerning business or venue operation apply only to casinos, skating rinks, bowling alleys and indoor play areas at this stage, and therefore do not affect landscape or horticulture businesses. People living inside or outside of any area subject to local restrictions are permitted to travel freely for work. Workplaces are expected to implement COVID-19 secure guidance.
Other local restrictions tend to focus on social contact, and at this stage, there is no indication that landscape professionals or landscape businesses must cease works of any nature, including domestic works where operations are carried out in gardens.
Government guidance suggests, where possible, car sharing outside of households or supports bubbles should involve:
- sharing the car with the same people each time
- keeping to small groups of people at any one time
- opening windows for ventilation
- travelling side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
- facing away from each other
- asking the driver and passengers to wear a face-covering