BALI members invited to speak at fourth SoilsCon
The fourth soils conference to be organised by soil scientist, landscape consultant and Registered Affiliate Tim O’Hare, SoilsCon, promises landscape architects and specifiers, contractors, garden designers, developers, topsoil manufacturers, local government officers, and wider industry professionals a day of invaluable professional development, discussion and debate, with presentations by some of the country’s leading experts.
This year’s speaker line-up includes:
1. Tim O’Hare, Principal, Tim O’Hare Associates (BALI Registered Affiliate)
2. Tim White, Senior Associate, Tim O’Hare Associates
3. Simon Leake, Managing Director, SESL Australia
4. Neville Fay, Founder/Director, Sustainable Soils Alliance
5. Sarah Morgan, Chair, Society of Garden Designers
6. Andy Spetch, National TOPSOIL Manager, British Sugar TOPSOIL (BALI Registered Affiliate)
7. James Hewetson-Brown, Managing Director, Wildflower Turf (BALI Registered Affiliate)
Subjects will include:
1. Establishing low fertility habitats, referencing low phosphorous soils in Australia
2. Reversing the current crisis in soil health by using soils sustainably
3. Problems with soils on new housing developments and how to avoid them
4. The soils project planning cycle that every landscape and construction professional should follow
This year’s conference will again include a Soil Surgery, held during the day’s networking periods. Members of the Tim O’Hare Associates team will be on hand to help delegates with their specific soil issues.