BALI South Thames - Soils Masterclass
BALI Regional Event
- Merrist Wood College
- 28 Jan 2020
- Worplesdon, Guildford, Surrey, GU3 3PE
- Opening times:
Soil scientist Tim O'Hare will be giving advice on what contractors need to know when handling importing and using soils on-site. The event is sponsored by Bourne Amenity and will also be providing a talk about manufactured soils.
Tim O'hare of Tim O'Hare Associates will discuss a range of topics covering:
- Basic principles of landscape soils
- Tree pits - soil types, depths and drainage considerations
- Soil cmopaction - causes, impacts and solutions,
- Soils for Podium landscapes
- The Topsoil market - natural, manufactured, waste,
- British standard for topsoil
This will be followed by a question and answer session and Tim will be on hand throughout to answer individual questions. Delegates will all receive a copy of the presentation in note form to keep.
Andrew Wetherell of Bourne Amenity will discuss what contractors should look for (and avoid) when purchasing manufactured soils and will display marketing material on a range of products.