ROLO Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness Course - Online
ROLO Training Course
- Online Course
12 Nov 2020
13 Nov 2020
- , Skype / Microsoft Teams / Zoom
- Opening times:
- Thu 12 Nov, 10:30 - 12:00 (GMT)Session #1 Thu 12 Nov, 14:00 - 15:30 (GMT)Session #2 Fri 13 Nov, 10:30 - 12:00 (GMT)Session #3 Fri 13 Nov, 14:00 - 15:30 (GMT)Session #4 Fri 13 Nov, 16:00 - 16:30 (GMT)Exam
This ROLO course will be delivered online over four 90 minute sessions delivered via Zoom over the course of two days. The course will conclude with an online exam.
The Register of Landbased Operatives (ROLO) Health & Safety and Environmental awareness course has been designed to increase the profile of Health and Safety and thereby reduce the number of accidents causing harm to operatives within the land-based sector. It also takes into account the need to align to professional standards such as the competency framework demanded by National Highways Sector Scheme 18 (NHSS18) for the Natural Environment and Landscape including Ecology for Infrastructure.
The aims of the scheme are to:
- Provide a means of identification
- Keep a record of workers in the landbased industry who have achieved a recognised level of competence
- Raise the standards of health and safety to reduce the risks and accidents throughout the industry
- Encourage employers to use only ROLO card holders who have accredited health and safety training
- Provide a recognised route for health and safety training in the National Highways Sector Scheme 18 (NHSS) accreditation
- Provide an industry specific accredited route to Landbased Industry Skills Scheme/Construction Skills Certification Scheme (LISS/CSCS)
- Move towards an increasingly qualified workforce, thus improving customer satisfaction and the industry’s image
- Health & Safety law
- Management of Health and Safety
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety on Landbased Sites and Projects
- Health Risks
- Accident Prevention and Reporting
- First Aid
- Fire Prevention
- Safety Signs
- Environmental Issues
- Recognition of skills, competence and qualifications
- Improved health and safety awareness
Who Should Attend?
The ROLO Scheme (Registration of Landbased Operatives) is open to anyone who works in the landbased industry. This includes labour only, self-employed and employees of companies. The scheme is intended to apply to those working in:
- Landscaping (including arboriculture, pesticides and amenity)
- Ecology and environment
The course lasts for six hours spread over two days. Each training session will last for 1.5 hours. There will be 30 minutes for the exam on the final day.
There is a 35 minute multiple choice examination at the end of the course. Delegates must pass the exam in order to achieve the ROLO certificate.
The scheme is administered by the British Association of Landscaping Industries (BALI). Certificates for successful candidates will be produced by BALI.
Delegates who successfully pass the ROLO course and a separate Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) touch screen test can apply for the new Landbased Industry Skills Scheme/Construction Skills Certification Scheme (LISS/CSCS) card. The LISS/CSCS card is a mandatory requirement for anyone working on NHSS18 projects.