Marley - guided timber factory tour and training
BALI Member Event
- 09 May 2019
- Old Shipyard, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 1NG
- Opening times:
- 10:30am - 3pm
Marley are one of the leading suppliers of Antislip timber decking to both the commercial and domestic market. They also import and treat Western Red Cedar Shingles, a truly renewable and sustainable roofing and cladding material, with one of the lowest carbon footprints of any widely used building product.
When specifying decking for outdoor areas consideration must be given to aesthetics, maintenance and safety. By choosing the right products which are inclusive and safe ensures areas are accessible and usable by everyone all year round.
The right choice of deck board can have a big impact on the day-to-day use of outdoor space and ease of maintenance; therefore, choosing between smooth or grooved decking can make a big difference.
Marley Shingles are a truly beautiful, natural building material that showcase the warmth of timber for any roofing and facade development.
Marley would like to invite fellow BALI members to an educational guided tour of their timber factory in Gainsborough where they manufacture and treat their timber decking and their market leading roofing batten, including their Goldeneye grading technology.
The event is free to attend, and lunch will be provided.
The Tour and Training Seminar on the following topics;
- Why use timber decking?
- Different types of timber decking.
- Designing for inclusivity.
- Structural grading overview – what grade and why?
- Different profiles of timber decking – The rise of the smooth profile.
- Importance of sustainability?
- How we source the timber?
- How do we treat and different use class treatments?
- Slip resistance solution - Getting the specification right.
- What can go wrong?