Chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling trees
Training Course / Workshop
- Lowe Maintenance - North Yorkshire
18 Nov 2019
22 Nov 2019
- 18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
- Opening times:
- 9.00am - 4.30pm
Hosted by Lowe Maintenance in Settle, North Yorkshire. The chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling trees up to 380mm. Assessment is on a fifth day usually at the end of the week of training. Cost for training and City and Guilds assessment £762 per person (inc £75 VAT)
The chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling trees up to 380mm is a four day practical course for people with little or no experience of chainsaws, who require certification in the safe use of chainsaws and the felling and processing of trees up to 380 mm, in order to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 Regulations.
This chainsaw course enables you to:
- successfully identify the required personal protective clothing;
- apply the Health and Safety law surrounding chainsaw operation, maintenance and performance;
- know how to take corrective action should a problem arise such as freeing trapped saws from logs;
- follow starting procedures and pre-start checks and adopt the correct stance and posture.
It will also teach you to:
- fell trees using wedges and felling bars;
- carry out at least three different types of cut;
- identify potential hazards and stresses and select the appropriate techniques to assess and work with timber in compression or tension.
You will also be trained in how to take down hung up trees safely and in line with relevant legislation.
Please be aware that this chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling trees up to 380mm course has physical demands. For example, carrying equipment in woodland and forest environments.
Please note: The felling sites are located in remote locations in commercial forests within a 50mile radius of Settle. You need to be able to drive, have a suitable vehicle for logging roads and make your own way to the felling site. Directions to the particular site will be provided on day one of your course which is in the workshop in Settle.
The Lowe Maintenance Training website lists all the chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling trees up to 380mm course dates planned throughout the year. Further details of other scheduled courses can be found here Lowe Maintenance CS30-31 course details.
For details of other forestry and land-based courses we offer that may be of interest click here Lowe Maintenance website.