BALI COVID-19 - Legal Clinic
- 03 Apr 2020
- Opening times:
- 10am – 11.30am
As part of the British Association of Landscape Industries' (BALI) four-point strategy to support members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have launched four free-to-attend member-only webinar clinics.
- 10am – 11.30am – Compliance Clinic with Owen Baker, BALI Technical Officer (Policy & Research)
- 1.30pm – 3pm – Insurance Clinic with Matt Berale of Aston Lark
- 10am – 11.30am – Legal Clinic with Oracle Solicitors
- 1.30pm – 3pm – HR Clinic with Oracle Solicitors
clinic content - legal
This third webinar will include a presentation from Oracle Solicitors who will be supporting members with any queries they may have regarding their legal position in the current climate, followed by a question and answer session where members will have the opportunity to ask Oracle Solicitors questions about any particular legal queries they may have. The topics to be covered include;
- The Coronavirus Act 2020 – employment implications
- Impact on policies and procedures and amending terms and conditions
- High-risk employees and discrimination issues
- Lockdown: practical implications of homeworking, social distancing and self-isolation
- Dealing with the economic impact: short-time working, lay-off and Coronavirus Job Retention
- Recruitment and offers of employment
- Data Protection issues
BALI will be joined by Jason McKenzie, Director – Employment, Commercial & Public Sector from Registered Affiliate Oracle Solicitors. Their work is founded on a rigorous understanding of the law. Every member of their highly skilled legal team is friendly and approachable and will explain the law in jargon-free language. Above all their duty of confidentiality and client care is paramount.
The legal webinar will be held from 10am – 11.30am on Friday 3 April 2020.
This webinar is free of charge for BALI members only.
register your interest
If you are a BALI member, register your interest by contacting BALI's Marketing and Communications Officer, Trushali Chudasama, using her contact details below.