ACO Webinar - Moving to Health Positive Streets
- ACO Academy Webinar
- 15 Sep 2020
- Opening times:
To enhance our wellbeing and the environment around us, a core element of future urban developments is making sure our mental and physical health is a design consideration, which can also add economic value and increase productivity. Do we now have the best opportunity to change the way we live and work as we recover from COVID-19?
In our first two Urban Greening webinars we’ve considered the value of urban greening for cities around the world grappling with the issues of climate change and air pollution and managing transport systems in a post-COVID-19 situation and whether urban greening targets are deliverable in reality.
To continue our series, our next webinar will look at how changes to our infrastructure could lead to more health-conscious and environmentally considerate streets. Leading to associated benefits, including improved air quality, public health and wellbeing alongside enhancing natural systems.
Our webinar discussion panel will consider:
- How do planners and approval bodies decide if enough is being done?
- What statutory guidelines or best practices are they following?
- How do we develop infrastructure whilst also ensuring consideration to issues around urban greening, public health and the environment?
- Are there enough resources available to validate an installation, making sure it is fit for purpose throughout its life span?
- Do designers have enough resources to consider the future management of the asset and its continued performance?
- What further regulations should be rolled out to ensure the delivery of enhanced public spaces?
- How do we take best practice from inner-city areas and roll them out nationally?
Join us as we discuss the future of our streets.
Introducing the speakers:
- Chair: Robin Nicholson CBE RIBA Hon FIStructE Hon FCIBSE
- Speaker: Robert Huxford | Urban Design Group - Street Improvement Manual
- Speaker: Dr Julia Baker | Biodiversity Technical Specialist at Balfour Beatty
- Speaker: Joe Clancy | WSP - biophilic design in architecture
- Speaker: Ian Titherington - Lead Officer (drainage) | Cardiff Council
- Moderator: Adam Cane | Knowledge Manager | ACO