LISS/CSCS stands for Land-based Industry Skills Scheme (LISS) and Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS). It is a jointly managed scheme (LISS/CSCS) exclusively administered by the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI).
The scheme provides:
- a framework for skills development and progression through a structured SmartCard scheme
- access to LISS/CSCS SmartCards that incorporates land-based qualifications and health & safety training and assessment
- assurance to employers that labourers, installers, supervisors and managers have achieved a recognised land-based qualification
- a route for those with academic or professional qualifications for a recognised SmartCard equivalent to the black manager's SmartCard
- access to live commercial land-based sites
The land-based sectors covered by LISS/CSCS are:
- Countryside Management
- Ecology and Environmental Management
- Landscape and Maintenance
- Modular Paving
- Pesticides and Pest Control
The scheme is underpinned by Sector Scheme 18 and Sector Scheme 30.