frequently asked questions

  • How will I pay my employees if I am forced to temporarily close my business?
    The government has setup the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which will allow businesses to access financial support to continue paying part of their employees’ salary for employees who would otherwise have been laid off as a result of the coronavirus... Read more
  • Do businesses get support from the government for statutory sick pay paid out as a result of COVID-19?
    The government are currently bringing forward legislation to ensure small and medium-sized businesses can reclaim statutory sick pay (SSP) paid out for employee absence as a result of COVID-19. The refund will cover up to 2 weeks SSP for each employee... Read more
  • Will VAT and Income Tax payments be deferred?
    Yes. All UK businesses are automatically eligible (no applications are required for this) to defer Value Added Tax (VAT) payments for the period 20th March 2020 until 30th June 2020 (3 months) and pay any liabilities that have accumulated at the end of... Read more
  • I am self-employed; what can I do?
    The government is currently reviewing proposals for self-employed workers who are struggling as a result of lost earnings.  Currently the worker wage subsidy is not available to self-employed workers, and neither is the Business Interruption Loan Scheme, but the government... Read more
  • 1. Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
    Suitable for any small/medium business with a turnover of up to £45 million Government-backed finance of up to £5 million Interest payments and any lender-levied fees for businesses will be covered by the government for an initial period of up... Read more
  • previous 1 2 3 next

    Page 3 of 3