ROLO Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness Courses by Penarth Management Ltd. 15 June 2018
- 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM, 15 June 2018
Alexandra Gate Business Centre, 2 Alexandra Gate, Ffordd Pengam, Cardiff, CF24 2SA
The Register of Landbased Operatives (ROLO) Health & Safety and Environmental awareness course has been designed to increase the profile of Health and Safety and thereby reduce the number of accidents causing harm to operatives in the land-based sector
The Register of Landbased Operatives (ROLO) Health & Safety and Environmental awareness course has been designed to increase the profile of Health and Safety and thereby reduce the number of accidents causing harm to operatives within the land-based sector. It also takes into account the need to align to professional standards such as the competency framework demanded by National Highways Sector Scheme 18 (NHSS18) for the Natural Environment and Landscape including Ecology for Infrastructure.
The aims of the scheme are to:
- Provide a means of identification
- Keep a record of workers in the landbased industry who have achieved a recognised level of competence
- Raise the standards of health and safety to reduce the risks and accidents throughout the industry
- Encourage employers to use only ROLO card holders who have accredited health and safety training
- Provide a recognised route for health and safety training in the National Highways Sector Scheme 18 (NHSS) accreditation
- Provide an industry specific accredited route to Landbased Industry Skills Scheme/Construction Skills Certification Scheme (LISS/CSCS)
- Move towards an increasingly qualified workforce, thus improving customer satisfaction and the industry's image
- Health & Safety law
- Management of Health and Safety
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety on Landbased Sites and Projects
- Health Risks
- Accident Prevention and Reporting
- First Aid
- Fire Prevention
- Safety Signs
- Environmental Issues
- Recognition of skills, competence and qualifications
- Improved health and safety awareness
Who Should AttendThe ROLO Scheme (Registration of Landbased Operatives) is open to anyone who works in the landbased industry. This includes labour only, self-employed and employees of companies. The scheme is intended to apply to those working in:
DurationThe course lasts for one day.
ExaminationThere is a 35 minute multiple choice examination at the end of the course. Delegates must pass the exam in order to achieve the ROLO qualification.
The scheme is administered by the British Association of Landscaping Industries (BALI). Certificates for successful candidates will be produced by BALI.
ProgressionDelegates who successfully pass the ROLO course and a separate Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) touch screen test can apply for the new Landbased Industry Skills Scheme/Construction Skills Certification Scheme (LISS/CSCS) card. The LISS/CSCS card is a mandatory requirement for anyone working on NHSS18 projects.
VenuesThe fees below are based on delegates attending one of our open courses.
If you have four or more people requiring training, you might find it more cost effective for us to deliver the training in-house.
Contact us on 029 2070 3328 or via email@example.com for further details.
FeesThe course costs £175 + VAT per delegate and payment is required when booking the course.
The fees cover the cost of the training, all course materials, refreshments throughout the day, a light lunch, examination fees and a certificate.
Course LeadersThe courses are presented by experienced health and safety professionals.
Penarth Management is an affiliate member of BALI and has UKAS accredited certification to ISO9001 (Quality) for the provision of Management Consultancy and the preparation and delivery of training courses. We are also certified to both ISO14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS18001 (Occupational Health & Safety) Standards.