PA6a - Safe Application of Pesticides Using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment (knapsacks/lance from a tank) NPTC / City and Guilds - 20 February 2019
Yorkshire North East
- 20 February 2019
Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
This course is for people who use knapsacks or hand lances from a tank, the pre-requisite is PA1. Training is one day plus one day for the assessment.
Everyone who uses pesticides in a professional context will have to complete a suite of pesticide qualifications due to changes in legislation 2015. This applies to anyone who works in the rural economy.
Prior to coming on this course you must have the Award in the Principles of Safe Application and Handling of Pesticides PA1.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislation and safety regulations relating to application equipment such as knapsacks.
2) Assess the environment factors relating to the mixing and application site.
3) Read and interpret product information.
4) Prepare and calibrate a handheld pedestrian applicator e.g. knapsack.
5) Operate the application equipment e.g. knapsack.
6) Carry out post application procedures.