Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-Fall Techniques (formally CS39) NPTC / City and Guilds - 13 February 2019
Yorkshire North East
- 13 February 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
Two days training plus one day assessment. Covering the use of a chainsaw whilst in a tree to include different cuts e.g. step, hand held. Pre requisites are tree climbing and aerial rescue (CS38) chainsaw (CS30 and CS31)
This course is ideal for people who work as arborists and tree surgeons wanting to use a chainsaw from a rope and harness. There is no rigging involved in this course.
The course is about getting into the correct positions to be able to use a chainsaw in the air and cut wood to fall in a pre determined direction by either free fall method or handheld and demonstrate the ability to carry out a target prune safely while suspended from a rope and harness.
Prior to coming on this course, you must have the Award in Tree Climbing and Rescue (CS38) and Award in Ground Based Chainsaw Operation (CS30 & CS31).
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Promote health and safety and industry good practice when using a chainsaw from a rope and harness.
2) Carry out aerial cutting of trees with a chainsaw using free-fall techniques.
3) Understand relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice when using a chainsaw from a rope and harness.
4) Understand how to carry out aerial cutting of trees with a chainsaw using free-fall techniques.
Please bring with you the following kit.
1) Climbing kit to include flip line or soft strop with current LOLER certificate.
2) Chainsaw protective trousers.
3) Climbing helmet with visor and ear defenders in date.
4) Chainsaw boots.
All other PPE and equipment can be supplied by Lowe Maintenance at no extra cost, under the proviso that any damages and / or losses are replaced by the candidate.
Please get in touch with us if you wish to use your own equipment to check its suitability.
Two days training.
One day for the assessment (on a third day).
Please note that the assessments are to be confirmed and you will be emailed with a date once the assessment has been scheduled.
Lowe Maintenance do try to ensure that the assessment is consecutive but cannot guarantee this.