Safe Use of Rat and Mice Poison NPTC / City and Guilds - 29 January 2019
Yorkshire North East
- 29 January 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
Anyone who uses rat/mice poison as a professional (farmer/gamekeeper/pest controller etc) will need a certificate of competence from Spring 2016. This one day course plus one-day assessment upon achievement will enable you to purchase the rodenticides.
The law has changed for those who use rodenticides aka rat poisons as a professional user, it will require professional users to have a certificate of competence to buy and apply poisons over 1.5 kg in packet size.The qualification has two units:1) Principles , Rodenticides Rats and Mice2) Practices, Rodenticides Rats and MiceIn line with the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU) Stewardship the course encourages people to consider alternative methods of control before using first and second generation anticoagulants and raise the awareness of half life secondary poisoning.Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislative requirements relating to the use of rodenticides.
2) Understand product label information.
3) Understand how to minimise the risk of human contamination and implement emergency procedures.
4) Know how to store and transport rodenticide products safely.
5) Know how to manage and dispose of surplus rodenticide and waste products.
6) Know the record keeping requirements.
7) Understand how to minimise the risk of environmental contamination.
8) Be able to assess the environmental factors.
9) Know the characteristics of rats and mice and their impact.
10) Be able to complete a site survey.
11) Be able to apply rodenticides safely.
12) Know how to carry out post operational procedures.You will require:
We will provide specific equipment for the training and assessment
Length: One day training.
2 hours approximately for the assessment (on a second day).
Please note that the assessments are to be confirmed and you will be emailed with a date once the assessment has been scheduled.
We do try to ensure that the assessment is consecutive but cannot guarantee this.
You can also take this course as an online version where you complete the learning at home or work in your own time and then book the face to face practical assessment click on the Lowe Maintenance Training Portal to find more details and access online once purchased. This online version is exactly the same as our one day face to face training.