Safe Use of Hedge Cutters Handheld NPTC / City and Guilds - 24 January 2019
Yorkshire North East
- 24 January 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
One day integrated training and assessment covering pre-use checks, maintenance and safe use. Ideal for those in industries such as horticultural, landscaping, grounds maintenance sectors.
This qualification is ideal for those who use a handheld hedge cutter, if you work in agriculture, horticulture, landscaping and grounds maintenance, forestry, game keeping etc.
The course covers pre-use checks and maintenance, identification of controls and instruments and operating the machine to cut hedges to the capacity of the machine.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
1) Know how to carry out a risk assessment
2) Know the health and safety legislation that underpins hand held hedge trimmer operations
3) Know the appropriate PPE for hand held hedge trimmer operations
4) Know the health and safety features of the equipment being used
5) Know that there are different types of hedge trimmer
6) Understand hedge types and growth habits
7) Know how to maintain the hedge trimmer
8) Know how to prepare the work area
9) Know how to operate a hedge trimmer
10) Know how to clean, store and transport equipment safely and appropriately
You will require:
2) Safety footwear.
All other PPE and equipment can be supplied by Lowe Maintenance at no extra cost, under the proviso that any damages and/or losses are replaced by the candidate.
Please get in touch with Lowe Maintenance if you wish to use your own equipment and machinery to check its suitability.
One extended day due to the integrated training and assessment method (all training and assessment is carried out on the same day).