ROLO Health, Safety & Environmental Awareness - 13 February 2019
Yorkshire North East
- 13 February 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
This one day course is a pre requisite for anyone within the land based industries who require a CSCS card to work on sites.
The ROLO scheme (Registration of Land Based Operatives) is available to anyone who works in the land-based industries or sectors, this involves those who are self-employed, employees of companies or labour only.
A ‘duty of care’ has been put in place that all trade bodies must ensure that people are trained in Health and Safety and that employers show that their employees have been properly trained.
On completing the ROLO health and safety awareness course an ID card can be issued and is valid for five years. You can also put other relevant training courses on the ID card such as pesticides, chainsaw, ride on mowers.
At the end of the day, a multiple choice exam is taken where you need to achieve 75% to achieve ROLO accreditation.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
1) Have a clearer understanding of health and safety issues:
- Health and Safety legislation
- Risk assessment
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Construction Design Management
- Safety on sites
- Health risks
- First Aid, Accidents, Fire
- Environmental Awareness and Issues
- Waste Management
2) Have a raised awareness of your health and safety roles and responsibilities as they apply to you and your colleagues
3) Assist you in achieving ROLO registration so that you stay safe at work.
You will require:
1) Reading glasses (if necessary).
Training is 1 day with a multiple choice exam at the end of the day.