Safe Use of Brush Cutters and Trimmers NPTC / City and Guilds 9 November 2018
Yorkshire North East
- 9 November 2018
18 Duke Street Settle North Yorkshire BD24 9DN
This qualification is ideal for those who use a brushcutter or strimmer. If you work in agriculture, horticulture grounds maintenance, forestry, game keeping, etc.
To book online visit: Lowe Maintenance
This qualification is ideal for those who use a brushcutter or strimmer. If you work in agriculture, horticulture grounds maintenance, forestry, gamekeeping, etc. You may well need some level of formal training to cover your insurance requirements.
The course covers: the use of of brush-cutters or trimmers; pre-use checks and maintenance; identification of controls and instruments operating the machine to cut or trim to the capacity of the machine.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
1) Know how to carry out a risk assessment.
2) Know the health and safety legislation that underpins trimmer and brushcutter operations.
3) Know the appropriate PPE the trimmer and brushcutter operations.
4) Know the health and safety features of the equipment being used.
5) Know how to maintain the trimmer / brushcutter.
6) Understand different operating techniques.
7) Know how to store equipment safely and appropriately.
You will require:
2) Safety footwear.
All other PPE and equipment can be supplied by Lowe Maintenance at no extra cost, under the proviso that any damages and/or losses are replaced by the candidate.
Please get in touch with them if you wish to use your own equipment and machinery to check its suitability.
One extended day due to the integrated training and assessment method (all training and assessment is carried out in the same day).
Certification: Award in Safe Use of Brushcutters and Trimmers City & Guilds NPTC Level 2.