Provender Nurseries' Autumn Preview 2018
- 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM, 31 October 2018
Provender Nurseries, The Landscape Centre, Leydenhatch Ln, Swanley, BR8 7PS
Provender Nurseries is hosting its Autumn Preview on Wednesday 31 October with discussions on Screening, Biosecurity and Biocides, plus, a BBQ to enjoy. There is no charge for attending and you can register a place now.
To herald the arrival of autumn BALI Registered Affiliate member Provender Nurseries are holding a one-day Preview Day event, guaranteed to be informal, informative and packed full of food and good company. With a focus on Screening, Biosecurity and Biocides there should be something for everyone to enjoy and take away. Provender will also be showing off their new Provender Pot Range.
Representatives will be on site and able to answer questions on decorative screening, biosecurity, irrigation, nematodes, the changes in chemical laws and subsequent availability and PA1 & PA6 training.
The day is informal and you may come and go as you please; as well as organise to come in a group, bring your team, your local cluster group, with your designer, landscaper or contractor. There will be loads of relevant information perfect for your company. If you have been planning to visit, have not been to us for a while or if you are a regular this is the perfect opportunity to ask questions to the right people.
- Stark & Greensmith will be showcasing two new ranges to Provender Nurseries: the RHS-endorsed ‘Parterre’ Range (launched in July) in two sizes - full height (1.78m) and balustrade height (0.93m), and its powder-coated Aluminium Range. The S&G Team will be on site to show how easy this fabulous range of decorative screening is to install.
- APHA / PHSI (DEFRA) will be on site covering all things biosecurity with Simon Honey, Tracey Wilson and Martin Wilson. Biosecurity really has become the buzzword this year and it can be difficult to keep informed with so many changes in legislation and how these affect plant supply now and in the future. Come along and find out what you need to know.
- Neudorff Nematodes. New in this year in June is a range of easy to apply nematodes for Vine Weevil, Lawn Grubs and Leatherjackets. No need to refrigerate. Child and pet safe. Packed in soluble sachets. Meet the representative to discuss how to use and how it can be beneficial to your company.
- Bayer Chemicals. With so many changes in chemical products available to buy off the shelf, it can be confusing to know what to buy and apply. Our representative will be discussing new ranges of chemicals available to use from the shelf and will be showcasing some lines that are due to be launched in 2019. If you are confused about what chemicals to use - this is the man to ask.
- Claber Irrigation. After this hot summer come along and get advice on how to get the best out of irrigation systems so you can offer them to clients with confidence. Let our friendly representative take the guess work out of irrigation systems for you.
- Amenity Training will have a stand promoting PA1 & PA6 Training & Assessment Training held on site at Provender Nurseries throughout the whole year. This course covers the handling and application of professional grade chemicals. If you are applying chemicals in any public open space you will need a PA1 and PA6.
- Provender Pot Range. Earlier this year David Topping had the opportunity to go on a shopping trip like no other. Come along and see the fruits of his labours with our new Provender Pot Range. We will be showing 7 new lines available in over 15 colour ranges. If you are planning on any containers for the next season this is a can’t miss event for you.
- Hedging Plants. The root ball season will be upon us with new stock coming in for the rootball season ahead on show. Come and have a look over at this seasons stock so you can plan your autumn hedge planting.
- Bulk Bags. Our wide range of barks, soils, composts and decorative aggregates are held on site in bulk bags. We also have granite dust, gravels in varying size options. Our specialised soil mixes include; Lightweight mix - ideal for rooftop and Mediterranean planting and Vegetable Soil - perfect for use in raised beds, vegetable beds and herb gardens.
- Screening Panel Plants. All things panelled, pleached and screened will be on show, with a member of the Provender team available to answer any queries you may have. Some of the screens are an excellent opportunity to create living fences in areas where space is tight.
Trade Industry Bodies:
- The British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) will be represented by Owen Baker, Technical Officer (Policy & Research) discussing policy and research being undertaken by BALI and also promoting the benefits of becoming a BALI member.
- Association of Professional Landscapers - APL. A representative from the APL will be on site to discuss the benefits of belonging to a prestigious trade body and what membership can do for your business.
Each representative will have a stand and we encourage that you ask questions as you chat and have a bite on a bacon or sausage bap.
A hot BBQ will be available between 9.30am to 3.30pm to keep you going with any donations to the food going to Demelza’s Hospice - this year’s chosen charity at Provender Nurseries.
There is no charge for attending, however, to ensure we do not run out of BBQ food please register your interest in attending via email to email@example.com using the subject line AUTUMN EVENT 2018. Please state your company name, trade account number, how many will be attending and any dietary requirements you may have. Provender will look after the rest.