PA6pp - Safe Application of Pesticides Using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment (ECOPLUGS) NPTC / City and Guilds - 22 January
Yorkshire North East
- 22 January 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
Half day training plus one day assessment on the safe use of ECOPLUGS, pre requisite is PA1.
This course enables you to use Pesticide Plugs (PP) aka Ecoplugs which are a safe product used to kill tree stumps and prevent regrowth.
Stumps and roots have stored energy which means they can sprout new shoots once cut, which produce bushy re-growth in a matter of months in some species. Ecoplugs can be used all year round to kill Alder, Elm, Aspen, Birch, Beech, Lime, Maple, Rowan, Willow, Ash and many more.
This is a safe process that can be carried out in small or large areas and in a variety of situations such as railway embankments, golf courses and parks.
Level 2 Award in Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment – Installing Pesticide Plugs in Tree Stumps (PA6pp).
Prior to coming on this course you must have the Award in the Principles of Safe Application and Handling of Pesticides PA1.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislative and safety regulations relating to pesticide plug / Ecoplug installation.
2) Assess the environmental factors relating to the installation site.
3) Read and interpret product information.
4) Prepare pesticide plug / Ecoplug application equipment and calculate the number of Ecoplugs required.
5) Install pesticide plugs.
6) Know how to carry out post operational procedures.
Please bring with you the following kit.
1) Spray suit, coveralls type 5 and 6.
2) Nitrile rubber gloves, 0.5 mm thick, 300 mm long with no flocking / lining
We will provide the specific equipment and timber for the training and assessment.
Half a day training.
1.5 hours approximately for the assessment (on a second day).
Please note that the assessments are to be confirmed and you will be emailed with a date once the assessment has been scheduled.
We do try to ensure that the assessment is consecutive but cannot guarantee this.
Certification: Award in Safe Application of Pesticides using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment – Installing Pesticide Plugs in Tree Stumps (PA6pp) Level 2.