PA6aw - Safe Application of Pesticides Using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment to or near water (knapsacks/lance from a tank) NPTC / City and Guilds 23 January 2019
Yorkshire North East
- 23 January 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
This course is for people who use knapsacks or hand lances from a tank on or near water only, the pre-requisite is PA1. Training is one day plus one day for the assessment.
You need PA6aw if you apply pesticides to or near water, this includes river banks, dry ditches and footpaths adjacent to water courses. Please note that PA6aw only enables you to apply to or near water and not to any other site.
Prior to coming on this course, you must have Award in the Principles of Safe Application and Handling of Pesticides PA1.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislation and safety regulations relating to applying pesticides to or near water using hand held pedestrian equipment.
2) Identify risks to the aquatic environment.
3) Assess the environmental factors relating to the mixing and application site.
4) Read and interpret product information.
5) Prepare and calibrate the hand held equipment.
6) Operate the hand held equipment.
7) Carry out post application procedures.
Please bring with you the following kit.
1) Spray suit, coveralls type 5 and 6.
2) Nitrile rubber gloves, 0.5 mm thick, 300 mm long, with no flocking.
Lowe Maintenance will provide the specific spraying equipment for the training and assessment.
One day training. 2 hours approximately for the assessment (on a second day).
Please note that the assessments are to be confirmed and you will be emailed with a date once the assessment has been scheduled.
Lowe Maintenance do try to ensure that the assessment is consecutive but cannot guarantee this.