PA1 - Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides NPTC / City and Guilds - 21 January
Yorkshire North East
- 21 January 2019
18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN
This is a pre requisite for other pesticide application units, assessment is through on online multiple choice exam. Grandfather Rights unit 1 can be run along side this course
Everyone who uses pesticides in a professional context will have to complete a suite of pesticide qualifications due to changes in legislation 2015. This applies to anyone who works in the rural economy.
Award in Safe Application of Pesticides Using Handheld Pedestrian Equipment PA6a City & Guilds NPTC Level 2.
Prior to coming on this course you must have the Award in the Principles of Safe Application and Handling of Pesticides PA1.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislation and safety regulations relating to application equipment such as knapsacks.
2) Assess the environment factors relating to the mixing and application site.
3) Read and interpret product information.
4) Prepare and calibrate a handheld pedestrian applicator e.g. knapsack.
5) Operate the application equipment e.g. knapsack.
6) Carry out post application procedures.
Please bring with you the following kit.
1) Spray suit, coveralls type 5 and 6.
2) Nitrile rubber gloves, 0.5 mm thick, 300 mm long with no flocking.
We will provide the specific spraying equipment for the training and assessment.
One day training.
2 hours approximately for the assessment (on a second day).
Please note that the assessments are to be confirmed and you will be emailed with a date once the assessment has been scheduled.
We do try to ensure that the assessment is consecutive but cannot guarantee this.
Certification: Award in Safe Application of Pesticides Using Handheld Pedestrian Equipment City & Guilds NPTC Level 2.