BALI's Affiliates Forum 2018 - Landscape House
- 10:30 AM - 03:30 PM, 16 October 2018
BALI, Landscape House, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, CV8 2LG
BALI's Affiliates Forum returns on 16 October, with BALI's very own Education Officer, Stephen Ensell, and Neil Rushworth from Expect Distribution who will be discussing challenges in the UK haulage market, plus, Brexit, GDPR and much more.
BALI's popular Affiliates Forum returns on 16 October at BALI Landscape House, in the beautiful Stoneleigh Park estate in Warwickshire. Join BALI Vice Chairman Richard Kay as he hosts a full day of networking, topical debates and industry insights with two guest speakers, Stephen Ensell, BALI's Education Officer responsible for GoLandscape and Neil Rushworth, Managing Director of Expect Distribution. Lunch will be provided and places are free. Arrival from 10am, start 10.30am for a 3.30pm finish.Agenda1. Welcome and Introduction from Green-tech Chairman, BALI Director of Affiliates and BALI Vice Chair, Richard Kay2. Apologies3. Review of Previous Minutes4. Date of Next Meeting5. Stephen Ensell, BALI's Education Officer GoLandscape Ambassador Training6. Neil Rushworth, Managing Director of Expect Distribution (A founding member of Palletline) Challenges in the UK Haulage Market7. Hot Topics in the Industrya. GDPR - How are you finding it?b. Brexit – What's your thoughts?8. Open floor discussion9. AOBAlong with updates on BALI's careers initiative, GoLandscape, including the latest on its popular Ambassador scheme, there will also be a presentation from Neil Rushworth, Managing Director at Expect Distribution, who will be looking closely at several important topics, including;
- General economy trends – regional disparity
- Brexit – how might it affect UK distribution?
- Existing EU law relating to transport - will it still apply?
- How important is the UK haulage industry to the economy and why it should be valued
- The challenge of hauliers dying out in the South East and balance of trade
- National driver supply – shortage and how the shrinkage is affecting the industry. Measures we are taking to deal with the shortage
- Fuel costs – where are they forecast to go and how does it affect the economy
- Pallet networks – how they changed the industry and what part will they play in the future
- Future challenges- FORS, Inner City congestion, Vehicle Emissions
- Direct challenges to landscaping suppliers - pallet weights and a possible reduction of maximum pallet weight, product cross-contamination
- Developments in technology – do you know where your delivery is?
- Advice to all members who use a distributor of their product