UPDATED 24/5/2018 GDPR
British Association of Landscape Industries (The) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In this policy “Data Protection Legislation” shall mean the Data Protection Act 1998 up to but excluding 25th May 2018 and thereafter the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”) any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended from time to time unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK when it shall mean any successor legislation to the GDPR or Data Protection Act 1998.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is British Association of Landscape Industries (The).
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you provide to us by filling in forms on our site www.bali.org.uk OR www.baliawards.co.uk OR www.golandscape.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you contact us using our general enquiry form, enquire for membership, enquire about our LISS/CSCS or ROLO services, subscribe to one or more of our marketing communications including publications and e-communications, entering a competition, promotion or survey, enquiring about member services and reporting a problem with our site. The information you provide to us may include your full name, private and/or business address, email address and phone number, as well as financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs.
- Information we collect about you. In regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our general enquiry number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
- we are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us for example making a booking for an event or registering an entry into a competition;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to communicate with you according to your preference settings including regular e-communications and printed mailouts.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- British Association of Landscape Industries (The) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will not, under any circumstances, share your personal data with any third party organisation, company or individual outside of the association and our membership other than those trusted companies contracted by BALI to deliver a required service to members (including but not limited to the design, mailing of Landscape News and BALI’s Who’s Who Landscape Directory).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If British Association of Landscape Industries (The) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site (including the member’s area), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
Your data is controlled and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Any personal data is processed manually and electronically for the purposes of fulfilling our contract obligations to you, or providing quotations to you before entering in to a contract to provide products and services, namely:
- The provision of membership services, advice and support
- Recommending process changes, products, affiliates and services based on your requirements
- Managing and administering your account
BALI will not pass your personal data to any other parties, without your consent, other than where mentioned within this policy, or where required to by law. BALI will pass on limited details to the following for the purpose of providing services only;
- Your HR Services benefit, provided by QDOS
- Surveying our members
- For the purpose of progressing membership applications and vetting visits
- Producing and delivering Who’s Who Landscape Directory to customers
- Producing and delivering Landscape News to customers
- E-communications processing where you have consented to receive e-communications from us
- Opportunities to provide PR to you through our network
- Signposting enquirers to your services
- Financial management including credit reference agencies
Any recommended introductions or partnerships we feel would be beneficial to you will only be agreed by you before any details are passed on, either by contacting you or referring to your preferences chosen within the terms of business.
BALI use appropriate industry standard software applications to manage schedules and communicate electronically. Any personal information, including your consent status is held within an electronic database (or customer relationship management system) which is secured through password, SSL and encryption. Electronic communications are generally made through Microsoft Outlook.
In accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 we will only store personal records for 12 months for ‘prospective’ members that have not entered into a contractual arrangement with us and agreed to our membership terms and conditions. These include organisations and/or individuals who have contacted us either through email, telephone, at events or through the website(s) www.bali.org.uk OR www.baliawards.co.uk OR www.golandscape.co.uk.
For non-member individuals or organisations who have not entered into any contractual arrangement with us or accepted our membership terms and conditions MUST opt-in to receive any non-member related products or services provided by us in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. All non-member organisations or individuals reserve the right to opt-out of any communication, including e-communication, at any time by updating their preferences or contacting BALI, Landscape House, Stoneleigh Park, Nr Kenilworth, CV8 2LG or email@example.com.
For paying members, as long as their membership status with us remains ‘Active’ we will continue to hold personal data that is relevant to the services we provide to them as an organisation or individual, until such a time that we are notified in writing (written letter or email) that a member organisation or individual no longer wishes to continue with the contract of membership, which is then referred to the membership terms and conditions.
BALI would like to send relevant and appropriate information on complimentary services that may be suitable to you which form part of the services we offer to members and customers. Consent may be removed for all non-service related communication method(s) at any time by updating your preferences with us or by contacting any person of the membership team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unchecking certain boxes in our preference centre. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at BALI, Landscape House, Stoneleigh Park, Nr Kenilworth, CV8 2LG or email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You can request access to deletion of or correction of your personal data or can request it is transferred to another person by contacting us at BALI, Landscape House, Stoneleigh Park, Nr Kenilworth, CV8 2LG or firstname.lastname@example.org. We may make a small charge for any copies of your personal data.